Sunday, March 23, 2008

Stephen King's The Mist

"A Masterpiece! One of the most SHOCKING movie endings ever!"

This is what Pete Hammond of MAXIM magazine had to say about The Mist. I don't think there is a better way to summarize my review of this film. Never in my life have I experienced a feeling like that of the conclusion of this movie. "The Mist" is adapted from Stephen King's 1980 Novella and is directed by Frank Darabont (who also directed King's "Green Mile" and "Shawshank Redemption"). The storyline is intense and actor Thomas Jane delivers a POWERFUL performance, but the twist ending is definitely the star. It is a startling look at humanity and survival. If you are a fan of suspense or thrillers this was made for you. Certainly for anyone who loved "Cloverfield". I'm not that into scary movies and I was blown away by how much I loved this. "The Mist" will be available on DVD, as well as 2 disc Special Edition, this Tuesday, Mar. 25th. Let me know what you all think of it!

No comments: