Here's my countdown, ugly to least ugly, VM Park 3 style.
I kid, I kid. This series actually isnt so ugly. It isnt insanely adorable, but its aight.
12. WDW Castle. BLAH. Same Blah Castle Turret on both sides? Why? Spruce it up, im bored.
11. Artist Palette. Has some nice details on the stomach and ears. Cool little sketches. But I'm not a Disney artist, What am I going to do with this? If it had the sketches bigger, and less of the Holiday Turkey brown all over it, this coulda been a lot more successful.
10. America Sings. LOVE the attraction. BUT this Eagle looks WONKY. He just looks weird. Plus, we dont need 3 random Randy Noble designed characters in this set. Yes, I love the character figures, but 3 characters that are not highly popular diminishes the coolness. I mean that, this figure would have been more exciting in a later series.
9. Pirate Auctioneer. You know, I'm gonna actually have to group this with America Sings. Another Randy Noble designed character that would have made more of an impact without the others around. Design issues with this one, his legs feel like they are one 'mermaid' style leg, or like hes wearing a dress. Kind of weird. I swear I'm not nit picking, Its weird.
8. Carousel. Not a favorite for me, because the horse is too small to appreciate from far away, and there is not enough detail in the Carousel parts themselves for me to appreciate. When I see this, I feel like someone was lazy. Purple figure with a Horse sticker on it. Color is nice. Don't love it, but I don't hate it.
7. Jungle Cruise. I understand this is a fan favorite, BUT, I didn't love it from the first look. I flipped it over, and I liked it A LOT more. My problem, I flipped it back over and there were problems with the elephants shape warping on the curves of the Mickey face and a paint defect. So for me this fell back to me not loving it but not hating it.
6. Mission Spaceman. Ok so I actually REALLY like this figure. Here is why it isn't higher. The same problem as the 3 Randy Noble character designs, it's that there are 2 Maria Clapsis window characters. This figure which is white with a window on the front, and Herbie which is white with a window on the front. This is just the least cute of the 2, but I love it, the back is cute, it represents the theme parks. Win.
5. Big Al. My favorite of the 3 characters, really captures the look of Big Al. Represents the theme parks, is cute, interesting. I think the other 2 would sit at positions like this if they had been broken up and were in different series.
4. It's A Small World. Cutest Chaser since Ballon and Gold. Hopefully this means they are getting on track with the styling of these chasers. I like it, its simple. Its nice. Not cuter than the 2 I mentioned, but good start.
3. Monorail Blue. This design is awesome. It may even have been higher if I hadnt seen it before with Monorail Red. But the design is so good, it can be successful over and over again. Next I wanna see the color schemes that are on the new Monorails. But until then this is GREAT.
2. Herbie. LOVE Herbie. Perfect example of how a good simple design can stand the test of time. Also that it was translated so simply and successfully. WIN.
1. Toon Town Trolley. An awesome depiction of the Toon Town Trolley on a figure. When you see it, you know instantly what it is. The only figure in this collection that didn't shy away from vibrant color. Loved it, its my favorite. SUCCESS.
All in all, Nice series. Far superior to Park 2. But still not as epic as Park 1.
Pictures courtesy of vinylmation.com and vinylnation.net