Sunday, June 28, 2009

Twizzlers: an ode to a heartbreaker

If you know me, you may have seen me looking off into space... drooling... dreaming. What am I thinking about? One thing. Twizzler Twist N Fill. If I was stranded on an island I would only need these to satisfy my every desire. A softer version of a Twizzler with a flavored filling that is kind of like the middle of a nerds rope. Sadly, these have been discontinued for MANY years. I swear to you, to this day I can still remember what they taste like and I salivate. Earlier this year I had to write to Hershey because I couldn't handle the emptiness in my life they had left me with. They responded 2 weeks later to tell me I would never get Twist N Fill ever again but I may like a hershey bar with almonds. WTF. Pain is all I could feel in my sensitive little heart. That is UNTIL this week... while shopping for M&M's I stumbled upon these little treasures... Twizzlers Sweet & Sour.
These are a delicious tangy Twizzler treat. There are 2 flavors Cherry Kick and Citrus Punch. These are like mushy Twizzlers with gooey filling. Only thing that sucks is that they smell like Play-doh, I swear. Oh yeah, and that they taste NOTHING like Twist N Fill. Yes, these are the tasty cousins by marriage of my dear Twist N Fills. It's like Twizzler wants nothing more than to see my tears, and probably steal my ideas, because I sent them that dramatic email a while ago. So basically for now I have found a poor substitute for the void in my life. Hopefully this will encourage less akward moments where you catch me drooling for no reason.

6 comments:

♥KiMMiE said...

hey i know this is an old post..but i feel the exact same way about this!!!! i can't believe there's somebody who never stop thinking about the twizzlers twist n fill like me. I talk about it alot with people..like hey do u remember twizzler twist n fill? I get disapointed when they said no because they were sooo fuckn good!!! why the hell they continue them for.. i remember eating them all the damn time back then cus they were my favorite!! anyways thought i comment this and let u kno i feel ur pain LOL

Refo said...

wow i so agree.... im always talking about them. I wish they would make them again.

Unknown said...

Pleeeasr bring them baackkk!!

afuentes said...

I want them soooo baddddd :(

Unknown said...

I feel your pain I've been searching for a flavor that comes close to the mouth watering flavors of the watermelon cherry filled twizzlers if I was on death row I would request them as part of my last meal

Carly said...

So this is what it feels like when doves cry 😭.
Another temporary replacement was Twerpz, which weren’t as good but I still miss.