Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sorry Blog, I've been playing with mah new PSP

DOOOD.
Sorry I haven't blogged in a hot minute. I been busy trying to get my video game grind on. All those beautiful games shown off during E3 had me longing for some game time. So basically, it took me some time, but I finally tracked down a video game store relatively close by that sells imported video game consoles. Thanks to the greatness that is YELP!, I was able to track down Japan Video Games in Temple City, CA. This place was freaking awesome. Practically any rare or import console or game you are looking for, they have it. Red PS2's? Bathing Ape Limited Edition Nintendo DS'? They've got em. The PSP-3000 Carnival Colors, oh yes, they've got them.
I was so insanely stoked to go to this place. I had a horrible headache, and I didn't even mind it because I was having so much fun in this place. The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable. It was fantastic.
I took a picture of just a fraction of the handheld's they had for sale.
Crazy right?

So, on to the goodies. I got the Vibrant Blue PSP-3000 from Japan. A few months ago Sony released 4 Carnival Colors to the Japanese Market; Vibrant Blue, Radiant Red, Bright Yellow, and Spirited Green. They are SOOO Sick.

Ya, they are pretty fresh. And the Japanese aren't the only cool kids who get funky colored PSPs, nope the Europeans have their own batch. Pearl White, Mystic Silver, and Radiant Red. Later this month the Vibrant Blue will also be available to the Euros as a bundled set with the game "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". Plus they all can pick up basic Black.


The only disadvantage to rocking an imported PSP is that you lose the capability to play US region UMD movies. I won't be playing movies on mine really, so I didn't see a problem. Actually, I lied, there is one more disadvantage; The Price. A fancy colored import PSP is gonna set you back about $250 plus tax. Not so bad compared to the $280 price tag it holds if you snag it IN Japan though. (The best deal I found was $230 at HyperGameAction.com). Of course, stateside a plain PSP is only $169, so it is a significant consideration to be made if you are looking to grab one.
Other things to consider? Well if you absolutely must be watching US movies or you want a lighter price tag, BUT you can't stand "funeral" black... then you should be holding out until August 4, 09. That is when the Lilac PSP will hit US game stores. The Lilac PSP will be bundled with the game "Hannah Montana Rock Out The Show", a UMD with episodes of Hannah Montana, stickers, downloadable themes, and a 2GB memory stick, all for $199.


Aside from Piano Black and Mystic Silver, this will be the first colored PSP-3000 available stateside, kinda cool. It's a nice color, the bundle is worth picking up regardless of whether you like the game or not. It's a fun way to show off your personality while gaming.

Anyways, I think everyone should get these so we can play "LittleBigPlanet" together when it comes out this December. Until then, I'll be slaying Centaurs in "God of War"...

No comments: