Monday, July 7, 2008

Yashica Electro 35 GSN

SO today we did a bit of cleaning around the house, and my dad found an old camera flash. We were all trying to remember what it went to and I told my dad I thought it belonged to a camera he kept underneath his shirts in his closet. HOLY SHIT, I did not realize HOW old this camera was, I mean it is absolutely stunning to look at. It is a GIANT 35mm beast from 1973. Produced by Yashica before SLRs really began to sweep the market. The Electro 35 G was the world's first electronic 35mm, thus it runs on this big old school MERCURY battery. This thing is 35 years old and the battery still works, it's just so cool. I sent a roll of ten year old fuji film off to be developed so hopefully we can see if it still photographs well. If so, I will be running around like a nut taking pictures. and if it doesn't, it is still stunning to look at. Today was a good day!

No comments: