Friday, July 25, 2008

"I didn't know there were people in the world who talked like that"

Want to meet possibly the world's biggest douchebag? Chances are he's already entered your home on several occasions. To most he's the faithful Captain of the Serenity Firefly. To others, the handsome and heroic Captain Hammer. But to me, he is simply the ungrateful, somewhat decent, dramatic artist known as Nathan Fillion.

I don't want to go over the details of the incident because I become overwhelmed with embarassment for even caring what some stranger thinks of me. But I will say this, when you are in the entertainment industry your job not only entails executing your talent but it is also to maintain the fans of your work. If that means posing for a picture, signing an autograph, or simply shooting a smile, it is the least you can do. Your fans watch your shows, sit thru your movies in theaters, and buy your records, they pay for your iphone, suv, and child support.

I want to make that point very clear.

Basically, the bold captain is being accused of EgoMania and Narcisism.

After meeting Nathan out by the parking lot, I was beside myself with shame for even bothering. I wanted to pull my still sealed "Firefly" DVD set from my bag and chuck them at his head. I was depressed, feeling I had made some wrong move. Thankfully for me, I know a slew of nerds who have all run into him at one point or another. Let me share some of the words used to describe him; "Diva", "Asshole", "Prima Donna", "Jerk".

;] tee hee
I didn't feel so bad after that.

Finally I talked to Robyn. She was like "oh yeah, have you seen his myspace? Its his dick-ness put down into text"

This is basically the most fascinating myspace I've ever come across: www.myspace.com/nathanfillion

He is in awe of his own blogs which include such entertaining topics as "Airplane Ettiquette", The awesome gizmos he can afford (that you can not), and the proper way to greet him when he's in public (it involves thanking him for something he hasn't done, it's a trip man).

All in all I found his page incredibly entertaining because of its lack of self awareness, which led me to pity the 37 year old nearly famous actor rather than myself for what had occured.

I'm still returning "Firefly", and getting my 40 bucks back, but now I can do it confidently knowing I am not to blame for his lack of respect to a fan and that it is he who should be brushing up on his ettiquette.

No comments: