Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears??

Poor service at Nail Salons! It sucks. Today Scarlett and I went to get our nails done, but first she needed to go to Wal-Mart to get some shoes.. Oh that is a story in its own right... ok, quickly, the shoes...
I bought these sandals by Dolce Vita for $72 at Nordstrom:










I bought these today at Wal-Mart for $9.99:












They are EXACTLY the same. It kind of made me sad. I hate Wal-Mart and giving my money to evil corporate empires, but I hate getting ripped off more. Not cool Nordstrom, not cool. So anyways if you want cute sandals, Wal-Mart has cool Dolce Vita knockoffs for $10 in black, white, silver, and gold. (I will admit however that the Dolce Vita ones can be worn and walked in ALL day, not sure about the other ones but whatev they are hella cute)

OK BACK TO THE STORY. So, we were gonna go down the street and get our nails done, but Scarlett noticed that there was a nail salon within Hell-Mart with pretty good prices. We decided to check it out, the pedicures were fine, but then the ladies played that trick on me where they get you to pay BEFORE they do your manicure, and that way regardless of your tip they can just do a shitty job. So my nails were done all half ass and disappointing. As I went to change into my new cheapy cheap sandals I leaned back in my chair, which pushed into another chair, which pushed into a manicure station (that desk where they do your nails) which apparently was not secured properly to the floor because without much effort that desk went toppling down on the women sitting behind it. All sorts of liquids went flying and crashing everywhere, BUT I was still pissed that my nails looked all jacked, so when the innocent women covered in liquid looked at me to clean up the mess I turned to Scarlett and told her it was too bad they put all the chairs so close together. Then I gave the lady that look like "Well get to work, you got alot to clean up here" which obviously didn't go over too well because she began to mumble in Asianese and then gave Scarlett that f-u stare. So then Scarlett decided not to tip them, but we were just really pissed that the screwed up our nails, so we really didn't care that they had to clean up a huge mess. I don't know why, but I feel like if your job is to provide service you shouldn't be so demanding of tips. Tips will come if you provide a good service or I don't believe I should be obligated to pay them. Do your job well and you will earn what you deserve, be a douche bag and you won't get anything. Really... no more tips from me for crappy service, you are not entitled to 15% more. Do your freaking job. Simple.

No comments: