Monday, May 19, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

This movie was AMAZING!!
SO GOOD! When the first movie came out I thought it was gonna be a crappy Lord of the Rings wannabe, but I went to see it and was blown away. I hoped they would do a sequel and when the trailer came out I almost pee'd my pants from joy. Then I started to feel bad, cuz whenever you have high hopes for a film you can almost guarantee disappointment. Fortunately, Disney and Walden Media really pulled this movie together and kept me on the edge of my seat. It was just straight up awesomeness, I loved it. My only one issue was that the heavy Christian overtone was a lot more prominent then it was in the first film, not due to religion, but that I found it very distracting to keep thinking "Hey that Lion is JUST LIKE Jesus, weird!" It withdrew me from parts of the story, but otherwise I feel this is one of the best movies of the year. If you're into the books or a fan of the first film you will be very pleased. In particular, this film had a standout soundtrack. The score is beautifully composed by Harry Gregson-Williams who scored the first film. In addition there is a great song by Regina Spektor titled "The Call" and one by Switchfoot called "This is Home", these 2 songs convinced me that I had to go pick up the CD. All in all a brilliant film, I am so happy I just got to watch this. YAY for me.

No comments: