Friday, April 25, 2008

A Bathing Ape LA Opens TODAY!


Today is a fantastic day! Today is the day Los Angeles FINALLY gets an "A Bathing Ape" Store. Woohoo. This will be the 2nd BAPE store in the United States, with the other being located in SOHO New York. BAPE is the genius brainchild of clothing designer Nigo (Ice Cream, Billionaire Boys Club), the inspiration began with the film "Planet of The Apes" which, if you know me, is one of my all-time favorites. So... he does alot of really comfy clothes that are really well made and incorporate fun design elements like an Ape silhouette, Ape Camoflage, funky cartoons, and superheroes. The fascinating thing about BAPE though is its limited availability. All items are manufactured in limited amounts to assure that you never see someone rocking the same BAPE as you. Anyways I am so so so excited about this, I bought a hoodie back in December when I went to NYC, and it is amazingly comfy. (FYI just to tell you how limited everything is, I knew exactly which one I wanted going in which came in 3 different colors; I wanted a Medium Maroon one... I left with a Large Grey one. You have to get lucky to find what you want there.) Back to what I was saying, they are incredibly fun and really well made. If you are into funky tokyo clothing like Kanye and Pharell, and don't mind waiting in line to get into the store, you should definetly check it out and go apeshit. (thats a pun. hahahaha...ha)

No comments: