Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vinylmation Park Series 2

Alright, so, these came out on MAY 22, and I wasnt gonna blog about them, but Malyssa G is so into them that I had to do it for her. But since I am not as impressed as I could be by this series, I am going to rank them in order from my least favorite to my fave. Check it...

Going shopping? If you see a brand new box out, could this be how everything is set up inside?


12. Aquaramouse
It's an aquarium... with a floating rag in it. Is that supposed to be a fish?


11. Toon Town Hole
I already don't like the figures with designs on the back side, but this one is strangely similar to the Urban figure "Who's There".


10. Panda
Boring.


9. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
I like the artwork, but I can't stand the figures that you have to see 360 degrees to enjoy.


8. Monkey
I actually think this one is rather cute, but I don't see the Theme Park connection. This is, after all, the park series.


7. Pongo (Chaser)
OOH so many reasons this was a crappy chaser. A) What does Pongo from 101 Dalmatians have to do with Theme Parks? B) There are already 4 other character figures C) It's ugly D) It's nothing special E) I say so. It only gets to be #7 cuz it isn't as lame as the other stuff in this series, shame shame Vinylmation. This shiz is weak.


6. Poncho
Ok I actually REALLY like this one, although it disobeys my rules about 360 degree design. It is really boring from the front, but on his butt is the little Mickey that is on the back of real Disney Theme Park Ponchos. Even tho he is boring, at lease it relates to the series subject and makes sense. And the detail on the back is kind of charming. I like.


5. Mike Mouse
Love Monsters Inc., Love the Character Inspired figures, Only problem I have with this fig is that its a little plain. Would have rather seen a Sully figure if you were gonna do a Monsters Inc. character.


4. Festival of the Lion King
Im not a big Lion King fan, but this is cute and interesting to look at. Plus, it is based on an actual attraction at Animal Kingdom.


3. Snow White's Scary Adventure
Cute. Detailed. Based on an actual attraction. Stylized. Features familiar characters. Can be enjoyed from the front. I like!


2. Penny Press
Remember Pressing Pennies at theme parks? What a waste of 51 cents, but still SOOO fun. I like that this is a good looking figure while still capturing the magic of those damn change thieves. Cutie Cute!


1. Little Green Men
Ok, maybe I am biased by my love of Toy Story, but hes pretty freaking cute. He's my numero uno. Ha!


Happy Now Malyssa??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES. :D love you gina gina. we have sorta the same taste too, if i lived in socal i would blow all my money on those things. ALL OF IT.