Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mimobots Star Wars Series 4

Mimobot announced their Star Wars Series 4 Designer USB flash drives today. I love these things, they are so freaking cute. This is the 4th series for the Star Wars branded Mimobots and this time around they are themed after Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace as it is the 10 year anniversary of Phantom Menace this year. The flash drives will be available for sale June 10th, but until then we will have to wait for the characters to be revealed. The first in the collection revealed is Darth Maul, whom I have to say looks really cool as a flash drive. I absolutely love the face, especially the horns on top of his head. The only problem I have with the design is the placement of his hands, they are drawn on the front, but the body still has little arms sticking out on the sides. :( What's up with that? Oh well.
Not only are mimobots fun to show off when you are transfering files, they also come loaded with cool content; like wallpapers and icons. My favorite feature are these soundeffects called Mimobytes, when you plug the little guys in to your computer they talk. I have the C-3PO from Series 3 and he says fun stuff like "I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations" etc. Pretty Nifty. Anyways, like I said, these are out June 10th, you can snag them on mimoco.com. They come in 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB and range from$19.95 to $49.95 and are, of course, limited editions.

Here are the oldies...
Series 1 and 2 at the bottom, 3 on top.

No comments: