Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hellboy 2


OK this is gonna cut to the chase. I liked it. I like Hellboy 1 slightly more. It didnt suck, but it wasn't mind bogglingly good either. Not to say if you like the first don't see this one, on the contrary, GO RENT IT. The thing with this franchise is that... although I've seen Hellboy more times than Fantastic 4, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Spiderman 3, and Xmen 3 combined... I never really saw it as Great. The second installment is a perfect sequel because it too isn't great. On top of that, as beautiful as some of Guillermo Del Toro's visions are, he used a few too many in this film (What I'm trying to say is that too many characters look more "Pan's Labrynth" than "Hellboy"). Look, if you are smart enough to have seen the first one already then kick back, throw on part 2, have a brewskie. Cheers and crossed fingers to a third film. (Hellboy 2 hits DVD Tuesday Nov 11th)

No comments: