Wednesday, February 11, 2009

is this the G2?

So Ive been holding out on getting the G1 because of the rumors of a G2 coming out as soon as March. Last month a bunch of pictures of HTC hardware hit the web including this picture of the "G2" and now there is this picture of the phone codenamed the "Sapphire" on engadget. It seems EXACTLY like the G1 but sleeker as they have removed the best part; the keyboard. And it is kinda looks like a bar of soap. All other specs are basically the same, same quality camera is disappointing. If this is the G2 I'll be bummed. I don't want an iPhone knockoff, I want a sweet google phone with the ultimate in new features. And a sweet keyboard. One thing that did look really sweet in the leaked photos was this phone codenamed "Hero" There isnt much detail regarding this phone other than it, like the G1, will run Android OS. No keyboard here either but i like the color and structure. Kinda sweet. All these upcoming phones are missing the numero uno feature I am waiting for and that's the forward facing camera. HTC already has some prototypes but nothing out yet. I can't wait to be able to send video messages and have video calls with my loved ones. Guess that's gonna take another couple years :(
So, anyways, here's to a sweet G2 sometime in the future, but I guess if it doesn't ever happen I can always get the upcoming Sidekick LX 2009. ;D

No comments: