Monday, May 26, 2008

Watching The Detectives

Cillian Murphy AND Lucy Liu in a movie I'd never heard of, OF COURSE I'm gonna watch it!
As I put "Watching The Detectives" in the DVD player, I began to recognize a couple of names in the opening credits; Steve Lemme, Eric Stolhanske, Director Paul Soter. This movie is from a couple of the Broken Lizard guys! Broken Lizard is the amazing comedy team behind "Beerfest" and "Super Troopers", I'm a huge fan so this epiphany totally made my night. The movie was really good. It's about this video store owner/movie aficionado who meets a girl that prefers living an adventurous life over watching one. Madness ensues. Love the cast, love the story, love the look. At the end of it all that was running through my head was "modern day film noir!" It's definitely a movie that appealed to me. Rent it next week!



No comments: