Friday, May 9, 2008

GO REX GO


sad, "Speed Racer" reviews are coming in and they aren't so favorable... USA Today gave the film 1 1/2 stars, rotten tomatoes gives it a 36%, yahoo is giving it an F, and an ap review of it said "In adapting the 1960s Japanese anime television series, writer-directors Larry and Andy Wachowski have created a noisy, overlong, mind-numbing extravaganza that seems tailor-made for nobody but themselves and their twisted sensibilities. At two hours and 15 minutes, it's way too long for little kids, the only ones for whom this explosion at a crayon factory would seem even vaguely entertaining. Adults seeking the nostalgia of their own childhood will just be disappointed, because Speed Racer the movie bears little resemblance to Speed Racer the TV cartoon." Alot of reviews are that the Wachowski bros. (the guys behind the "Matrix" trilogy) made this film simply to indulge themselves. Me personally, I'm just not that into movies that are COMPLETELY shot in front of a green screen (Star Wars Ep 3, blegh) So I could really care less about this movie. I know some of my friends are dying to see this... so I will wait to actually watch this (on DVD) before I really give my formal critique of it. Anyone who is interested can check out the first 7 minutes of the film here:

No comments: